Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Soup. I think she likes it.

There are babies that like to eat and then there is Violet.  Growing up, I was NOT an easy baby to feed.  My mother was so annoyed and frustrated because I wouldn't eat a single thing, that I am convinced she cursed me by saying, "your child will be a terrible eater just like you."  She was right.  It takes so many distractions to feed Violet, that I have considered hiring a marching band (Russian joke).
The routine goes like this: I put a spoonful of food into Violet's mouth. Violet puts her hand hand into her mouth and takes out the food and proceeds to bathe in it.  First the cheeks, followed by the ears, then the eyes come next, with the hair close to follow.  The end result is something like this:


1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel better, all babies are like this - they need a song and dance to get them to eat something. Here's what worked for us really well: melissa and doug magnetic farm hide and seek http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Magnetic-Farm-Hide/dp/B001R674GE and TV! TV is prob a bad idea because it sets a bad pattern, but it does work well enough to distract him to get something in his mouth.

    ReplyDelete