Thursday, January 6, 2011

9 for 9

As Violet's 9 months Birthday approaches, I can officially validate the phrase "nine months to put on, nine months to take off". Within the first month, probably about 75% of the weight flies off as you sweat and excrete various fluids. I got extremely excited thinking that at that rate, I have one more week before I get back to my old svelte self. Sadly, this was not the case and I spent the next 8 months shedding a pound per month. This morning, (after removing all clothing and jewelery of course) I was one pound away from my goal (wedding weight)! The last five pounds were shed with a calorie counting diet and an attempt to not eat past six. Of course, the multiple glasses of nightly wine were probably not a huge help. For the first time in months, I feel fantastic and physically fit - even able to climb all those stairs that lead you out of the dark bunker, otherwise known as the Path train station. It's hard to believe that in a few days I will be NOT pregnant the same length of time as I was pregnant. Pretty crazy and I still can't really tell which flew by faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment