Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Potty Pooper

Before becoming a mom, I never understood why parents would get excited about their kids' fecal matter.   I was forced to listen to numerous stories about kids crapping all over the walls, themselves and god knows what other objects around the house.  It made me make this mental note: do NOT tell poop stories to people who aren't parents, because there is nothing funny or cute about defecation.  Alas, here I am  writing about potty training my kid.  Well, actually the day care is potty training Violet and all Gene and I have to do is cheer and clap and sing, "poop on the potty, poop on the potty, poop on the potty. Yay!!!"  I think we enjoy it a lot more than Violet and a little part of us (mostly Gene) wishes that this little song and dance was also appropriate in other places....say at dinner parties, or the workplace.  Violet hasn't fully figured out that she has to go on the potty in order to complete the waste removal process so we often see her squatting in random corners around the apartment, then standing up and cheering for a job well done.  Ah, to be a kid again!

No comments:

Post a Comment