Monday, October 22, 2012

Big Dreams...

This is an actual conversation that took place during our drive to work this morning.

Me: God, I really don't want to go to work today.
Gene: You want to play hooky?
Me: Really? What would we even do?
Gene: You can come to my work.  I can probably even get you a cubicle right next to me.
Me: Really? What would I do at your work?  Would I still do my own work or would I help you with your work?
Gene: That's up to you.  You can probably help with my work.
Me: Gene, I am serious, do you realize that in the six years we've been together we never once just woke up one morning and called in sick, just to do something crazy.
Gene:  Why would we do that when we can just take a day off?
Me: You're missing the point, it would be spontaneous.
Gene: Oh, I see.  So then what would we do?
Me: I don't know, maybe hop on a flight to Florida?
Gene: Florida? For one day?
Me: Ok,  yeah maybe not Florida.  Manhattan?
Gene: Here is what we would end up doing... we would start the day off with brunch....
Me: Followed by Ikea....
Gene: Then maybe Costco...
Me: This is so funny, yet so sad

No comments:

Post a Comment