Monday, December 3, 2012

Solve for X

Part A:
Ivy is 134 days old.  I have been pumping for (roughly) 100 days at about 1-2 times per day (let's say 1.5).  Each pumping session is about 20 minutes. How many hours have I wasted spent pumping?

Part B:
Each pumping session yields (on average) 6 oz. of milk.  How many ounces have I pumped since Ivy was born?

Part C:
Ivy drinks 5 ounces per feeding.  She eats at 4am, 8am, 11am 2pm, 5pm and 8pm.  I have about 115 oz of frozen milk left. How fast would Ivy go through the entire supply of milk if I quit breastfeeding cold turkey?

Bonus Question:
How much longer have I been breastfeeding Ivy (vs. Violet)? How much longer will I last?

Answers:
A. 50 hours or more than 2 days!!
B. 900 oz!
C. Just shy of 4 days!
D.  12 weeks with Violet.  19 weeks and counting with Ivy (shooting for 6 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment