Thursday, February 21, 2013

Is it my Birthday Today?

For the past few weeks it seems like every day is someone's Birthday at Violet's daycare.  The kids all get sent home with a giant cupcake and for the rest of the evening the parents have to deal with wired and sugar infused toddlers.  Besides that one little down side, I also have to continuously try to answer the question, "Is it my Birthday today?"  The first time this question came up, I thought about the best way to answer and said, "Violet, your Birthday isn't today.  It's on April 7th."  The only little problem with that response was that Violet has no concept of time, so April 7th might as well be Shlovember 39th.  I thought some more and added, "April is two months away and it's during the Spring time, so you will see a lot of rain and maybe some flowers blooming."  Unfortunately, this didn't get us much further either.  The next day, I once again heard, "Is it my Birthday today?"  To which I replied, "No, honey it's not your Birthday yet." Violet proudly exclaimed, "Mommy, it's in two months!"  This made me realize that she probably thinks 2 months is actually tomorrow.  The following day, I was once again faced with, "Mommy, is today my Birthday?"  To which I cheerily replied, "Yes! ♫ Happy Birthday to you....Happy Birthday to you...♪ "

No comments:

Post a Comment