Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Rest in Peace Grandpa

When my dad passed away, words couldn't express what I felt.  I surely didn't try to write down or express my emotions because it wasn't just sadness but a deep anger at the cruelty of this world for taking him away from me.  It's six years later and I once again have to feel the loss of someone close, but this time it's with peace that I say goodbye to my dear grandpa. He lived a long and happy life and was passionate about his career in medicine and being one of the top anesthesiologist in Russia. He came to America in his 60s and quickly found a new job working for a travel company which allowed him to travel all over the world.  He was a jokester, albeit he had a very strange sense of humor.  When I was a little girl his favorite joke was during meal time, when his hands were greasy or dirty from dissecting fish, he would walk over to me and say, "you're such a good girl" and pat me on the head, resulting in wiping his hands on my hair.  He would do this over and over and it never got old and each time he laughed at his own cleverness.  As I sit here and vividly remember that story, I too laugh a little and wonder if I can get away with doing that to my own kids.  Rest in peach Leonid Abramovich Moyerman, you are greatly missed.



No comments:

Post a Comment