Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Peter Graduates High School

Hard to believe that it's been 18 years since my little brother was born.  I remember so clearly the day he was born.  My dad called me from the hospital giving me the great news and I remember running for the bus with my grandpa so that we can get there as soon as possible.  It was the same summer that I worked at a kids' clothing store and I remember putting aside the few bucks that I earned to buy him clothes.  That year I came home almost every weekend from college just to play with him and take him on walks around the neighborhood, where I encountered confused faces when I told people he was my brother, and not my son.
Fast forward 18 years later and he is on his way to Binghamton.  I am proud to say that my little brother is WAY smarter than I ever was (luckily his bar was set low) and he not only completed some of the best schools in the city (Mark Twain and Brooklyn Tech) but he got a head start for college by taking tons of AP courses (something I had no desire to take on).  Even though 18 years separate us, we are one and the same when it comes to our weird and twisted sense of humor and logical approach to life.  Love ya little bro and hope your college years are fun and memorable (oh yeah, and educational).




No comments:

Post a Comment