Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One more month?!?!

If you scroll up, you will notice that the little baby on the top of the page is in its last month.  Hard to believe that I have been preggos for almost nine months now.  Most women will tell you that it is the longest nine months of their lives but I felt that the time has flown.  I think keeping myself busy is what made this time seem so quick. We found out I was pregnant right before Greece and that trip was followed by a few frantic months of moving and apartment decorating.  During this time we took some mini trips (Washington DC & Skiing) and celebrated a ton of Birthdays.  Before I knew it, we were sitting in 50 inches of snow in what was one of the worst winters in a long long time.  Now it's officially Spring and we spent the last month or so getting ready for the arrival of our baby girl. I have always been a planner by nature (when life permits), so I was able to get almost everything done in the past few weeks.  The crib, bassinet, infant car seat and baby swing is put together and patiently waiting in the nursery.  I have washed, ironed, and folded all the baby clothes size newborn - 3 months.  This leaves: waiting.  While the baby will be full term in about a week, my actual due date is a month away which is basically an eternity since there are no errands left to run.   Everyone has been telling me to take this time to relax and enjoy the last few moments of peace and quiet because once the baby comes, I will be pretty busy for the next 18 years.  I definitely feel ready and... excited and ...anxious for the next chapter in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment