Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pregnancy Discomfort-O-Meter

Here is my week by week break down of how I felt throughout this pregnancy...

Week 5-6
Thoughts: "Wow, this is pregnancy! This is NOTHING!  I feel exactly the same.  This is great!"
Discomfort Level: 0 (0 being: no discomfort and 10 being: I want to kill myself)

Week 7-11
Thoughts: "Wow this is pregnancy!?!? I feel so nauseous and bloated and sleepy and bleh"
Discomfort Level: 5ish

Week 12-25
Thoughts: "Wow this is pregnancy!!! I feel energized and happy and awesome all around.  It's like I am not even pregnant but instead on a constant caffeine buzz"
Discomfort Level: 0-1 (1 when I am on my feet shopping for more than 3 hours)

Week 26-28
Thoughts: "Wow this stomach thing is really starting to grow now.  It's sort of getting in my way of putting on socks.  Man, sleeping is getting interesting since it isn't so easy to turn from side-to-side anymore.  Is this what it's going to feel like for the rest of the time?"
Discomfort Level: 6ish

Week 29-32
Thoughts: "Wow, I guess you can really get used to anything.  New position for putting on socks: check. New position for sleeping: check.  Less walking and in smaller heels: check.  I think it's actually getting easier!"
Discomfort Level: 5ish

Week 33-34
Thoughts: "OK, I spoke too soon.  This isn't all that easy and getting ppppretttyyy heavy.  I feel like I am lugging around a bowling ball in my uterus.  It sort of reminds me when you're hiking and your whole body starts to get sore after hours and hours of uphill climbing but you know the end is near so it almost feels natural"
Discomfort Level: 6.5-7ish


I have yet to reach week 35, but based on what I hear from others:  you basically want to kill yourself once you reach month nine.

If my calculations are correct, you pretty much spend about half of your pregnancy feeling great and the other half feeling like sh*t.  So in reality, pregnancy isn't REALLY nine (or like some claim, ten) months but more like 4-5.  You know what I say: suck it up! It will all be worth it in the end because you will soon have a kid to do all those chores you hate to do yourself.

1 comment:

  1. will you be updating the discomforter level during birth?

    -SS

    ReplyDelete