Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fatties "R" Us

I know they say to never ask a lady how much she weighs but I will let you in on a little secret: I gained 37 lbs during my pregnancy.  It all started out so well in the beginning and I was on track to gain 25lbs.  Then I was on track to gain 30 lbs.  At some point along the way (last few weeks of pregnancy) I began to REALLY pack on the pounds.  Violet was born weighing 6 lbs 14oz.  If you add the placenta, fluids and a few cheeseburgers, I was sure I would be down at least 20-25lbs post delivery.  After getting out of my hospital bed and looking at my beautiful newborn, I limped on down to the scale and hesitantly got on.  Guess what?  I lost about 7lbs. Now if you ask me, something doesn't add up.

It is now 2 months later and I still have a good ten pounds to go.  As much as I love wearing maternity clothes, this muffin top needs to go!  I even began to implement Plan A: stop stuffing your face with cake. It was working well and I even lost 2 lbs.  Unfortunately, it was followed by Plan B - buy and eat everything you can find at Trader Joe's. This plan helped me gain an additional 5 lbs.  There is also this silly myth out there that says you lose weight while breastfeeding.  I don't know who the hell made this up but watching Violet eat 8 meals a day just makes me more hungry.

While diet is important, I realize that I will also need to start a work-out routine.  I asked my friend Andrey to burn a DVD for me with yoga, ab exercises and some crazy routine called P90X.  He was nice enough to make the DVD for me and even drop it off at my house the very next day. The problem is that now he asks me everyday if I started to work-out.  I can't take that sort of pressure!  If he keeps this up, I might have to quit before I even start.

Lastly, I have two weddings this summer.  One of which will require me to be in a bathing suit.  Luckily there is such a thing as a 'burka suit', so I should be covered...no pun intended.  My initial goal was to fit into all my dresses by July but now my goal is to find some time to shop for bigger dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment