Wednesday, June 29, 2011

When did kids become so smart?

After putting Violet to bed last night, Gene and I were enjoying our tomato and basil salad (veggies came straight from the Farmers Market that day) when we heard a very loud scream.  We looked at each other in surprise and went to see what Violet was up to.  Upon walking into the room we find Violet standing in her crib and pointing to the changing table.  I place her on the table and check her diaper and sure enough it needs to be changed.  After she has a clean diaper on, I put her back into the crib and resume my delicious salad.  Only a few minutes pass before I hear another loud shriek.  I walk back into the room and see Violet once again standing and pointing to the changing table.  While it's unlikely that she needs yet another diaper change, stranger things have happened.  I place her back on the table and once out of the crib, she points to the floor.  Deciding to humor her,  I put her on the floor and she runs to the living room and plops herself in front of the TV with a giant grin on her face.  Violet: 1; Mommy: 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment