Friday, February 17, 2012

Momnesia

I first heard the term momnesia when I was pregnant with Violet but lucky the forgetfulness was kept at bay.  Now being pregnant with number 2, it seems that my brain has completely turned into mush and I can't seem to remember the simplest things.  I am not talking about forgetting to schedule doctor appointments or buying milk, I am talking about borderline intellectual functionality.  I would probably equate my mental capacity to that of a 3 year old.  It's gotten so bad that I need a mental checklist for basic human functions.  In my head there is a constant conversation between me and me.  It goes something like this:

Anna, now you have to get dressed.  Did you brush your teeth?  Good job!  You should put on shoes, but make sure you do that after you put on your pants.  Yes, socks are also good during winter time.  Now that you're dressed, maybe you should find a jacket.  It's cold so you probably need a warm one.  Oh god, there are like 5 different jackets. How am I supposed to pick?  Hmmm, well, my shoes are black so what goes with black?  Does black go with black?  I will keep it safe and stick with all black.  Now I know there was a toddler around here somewhere.  I should get her dressed too, right?  She needs more black clothing.  How am I supposed to match all these different colors.  Blue seems to go well with orange. Great, everyone is dressed and ready to go. What do I need to take with me?Keys, phone, ID, wallet, umbrella.  Check, check, check, check and check.   And then I proceed to walk out without the bag that holds all that stuff...


No comments:

Post a Comment