Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blue

For the last few weeks they have been teaching colors at day care.  Each day was associated with a certain color and Violet's clothes and food had to be of that particular color.   Monday started off easy with the color red. I dressed Violet in a red shirt and gave her some strawberries for snack time.   I briefly considered making a tomato and strawberry salad but luckily Gene advised me against that.  Later came Orange, which seemed easy enough until Gene and I were holding three different shirts of the color: peach, salmon and coral.  A fun exercise that resulted in the conclusion that one of us is probably color blind.  Her snack that day was (you guessed it) an orange.  Once we got through all the primary colors, we were given colors like brown.  Luckily, I was able to dig up some brown tights, but the food part wasn't as easy.  There really aren't too many brown foods and the ones that do exist aren't very appetizing, especially for a toddler.  I thought about buying a coconut, but that would have been weird, right?
It was quite a relief when the colors fiasco finally drew to an end.   Although, all that work made it worth it when I pointed to a banana and asked Violet what color it was.  She thought about it for a moment and proudly proclaimed: BLUE!


1 comment: