Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dancing Queen

My dad's favorite band was ABBA, which meant that their Greatest Hits album was on constant repeat in our house.  When the weekends rolled around or when guests came to visit, dad would put on their DVD (full blast of course) and proudly proclaim that they were the greatest band that ever lived.  Being a moody teenager at the time, I moped around begging him to turn that crap off.   Back then I thought that Eminem was the only artist that was worthy of a title such as "the greatest".  When my dad passed away, we all sat in our living room and listened to ABBA and I actually started to appreciate the Swedish band.  Not for their musical talent, but for what they represent and the memory that they evoke.   Their signature song Dancing Queen always makes me tear up and think of my dad.  It also reminds me that I have my own little dancing queen at home...

No comments:

Post a Comment