Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hobo Chic

We are entering the "I want to dress myself and only as a princess" stage. I call this look hobo chic and what you can't see from this picture is that underneath the tutu, Violet is actually wearing jeans.  Also, notice the  combat boots.  It was either dressing her like a homeless princess or dealing with a temper tantrum before work, so you can see that I know how to pick my battles.  Now she gets to be that child whose parents I always judged for letting their kid out of the house looking like they were a victim of a closet explosion.  What was even funnier was the conversation that took place while we were getting dressed.  Enjoy!

Me: Violet we are late to school, we can't keep changing outfits.
Violet: Mommy, I want to wear a princess skirt, so I can twirl and twirl and be a princess like all my friends at school.
Me: What if we wear the skirt when we get home tonight?
Violet: No, I want to wear it to school. Two...No...Three of my friends wear skirts and twirl around like a princess.
Me: Which friends are these that are wearing princess skirts?
Violet:  (thinks for a minute) Oscar!



No comments:

Post a Comment