Wednesday, March 13, 2013

So proud of you!

We usually drive Violet to school in the morning, but today Gene had an early meeting so he took the car and we decided to walk, or rather stroll.  Of course in typical Klayman fashion, we were running very, very late.  Once we arrived to school I realized that all the stroller parking was taken and there wasn't any space for Violet's stroller, which is usually kept in a big bin next to the building.  After thinking about it for a minute, I did the only logical thing I could come up with - I pushed and shoved and squeezed, and probably mangled some strollers in the process, but I finally got our city mini in there.   Sweaty and exhausted from my mini workout, I look up to hear Violet exclaim, "Mommy, you did it! I am so proud of you!"
Her words really made my day. Here is this amazing little person who recognizes the everyday struggles in motherhood and she felt compelled to acknowledge and praise me for my efforts. Or maybe she was just repeating the phrase I try to tell her every day because I truly am REALLY proud of her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment