Saturday, April 3, 2010

37 week appointment

Unless you are a mom and have read dozens of baby books and more internet articles than you can count, this probably won't mean anything to you...

My Stats:
Station: -3 or -2
Effacement: 80%
Cervix: Closed (i.e no dilation)

This was a very special doctor's appointment because Gene had a day off (Good Friday) so we were able to go together and see our little Klayman on the sonogram.  As you can imagine, I am getting pretty uncomfortable so I am very anxious to see any signs of progression and get this baby out of me.

Here is a convo I had with my doctor:

Me: OK, so when do you think she will come?
Him: When is your due date again?
Me: April 24th
Him: Yeah, probably around then.
Me: OK, let me rephrase that.  Let's say I had a gun to your head and I said, "you have to predict when this baby will arrive and you have to be accurate or at least within two days." What would you say?
Him: I'd say, "Pull the trigger!"
Me: Sigh
Him: You have weeks....

The other thing I learned during this visit was that at 37 weeks, he is estimating the baby to be 7.5 pounds.  Now, I know that this is possibly inaccurate but if it IS accurate, that is one BIG baby.  Since babies gain about a half a pound per week at this stage, if I carry her for another few weeks, she will come out walking.

Lastly, I am working from home full time now which was pretty boring at first but the DVR has become my best friend and so has Rachel, Martha, Ellen and Oprah.

No comments:

Post a Comment