Friday, April 30, 2010

Who you calling grandma?


I absolutely love being a mom!  What surprised me is how much my mom loves being a grandma.  It is really great to see how much love she has for Violet.  What she doesn't love, is the B word.  That's right: Babushka.  Since my mom is cool, young and hip, she feels that the term Babushka doesn't suit her very well.  She has since asked to be called Babachka, which sounds similar to Babushka but means butterfly.  I love teasing her and calling her Baba Ira or Babka Ira, which loosely translated means old lady Ira.  She is not a fan.  That's the beauty of the Russian language, you can just change the ending of words and they have a totally different connotation.  So, Babulia Ira, if you're reading this, Violet will love you no matter what she calls you.

No comments:

Post a Comment