Monday, May 10, 2010

Boobs: a mystery to us all

For the life of me, I can't quite grasp this whole breastfeeding thing.  All I know is that Violet is eating enough because she's gaining weight and apparently that's all I need to know.  I wish I had an understanding where this milk comes from and how much of it comes in and at what times.  For all I know, there is a midget somewhere in my body with a keg full of milk.  He probably pumps the milk into my boobs whenever he feels is convenient for him.
Violet is a healthy, happy baby that has even started to sleep for stretches of 7 hours at a time, which leads me to believe that not only do I have enough milk, but it's also very rich and fatty and keeps her content for long periods of time.  Sometimes I think one boob dispenses guacamole, while the other releases wine.  That combination will have anyone sleeping for hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment