Friday, February 14, 2014

Mommy, I got you!

It was a snowy, slushy day when I came to pick up Violet from her 3rd floor room at daycare.  We started our descend down the stairs like any other day, holding hands.  But this time, my shoes were wet and the floor was slippery and I fell and began to roll down several stairs.  Unfortunately Violet started to roll with me and down and down we went.  It sounds much worse than it was.  I fell about 5-6 stairs and Violet only 2 or so.  We were finally able to stop by holding on to the railing and the first thing that Violet said to me was, "Mommy, I got you" as she tightly clung on to my hand.  How incredible that after having this horrifying experience, her first thought was to tell me that she's "got me". Her selflessness and courage is still blowing my mind. Of course a few seconds later the pain and horror did set in and she began to cry as her teacher and Gene both started to run towards us. Luckily, she was completely fine and I just had a little pain in my right arm.  For the rest of the day she kept bragging how she saved me from falling. Her version of the story was that I started falling and she grabbed on to me and that was what made me stop. Violet, you're incredible and I hope you always know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment