Monday, May 26, 2014

Work Perks

Every year, in late April or May, there is a work conference that is typically held somewhere in Florida.  I haven't gone the last several years because I was busy having babies or raising babies. Now that both kids are toddlers and are pretty manageable, we decided it was worth it to all go together and Gene will take care of the kids while I attend the conference sessions.  The conference itself was at a private club in Key Largo but we wanted to make the most of our visit so we booked a hotel in South Beach for the weekend prior.  I am so glad we got this opportunity to spend time in the sun, especially after a very dreary and rainy vacation to South Carolina and Georgia.  This trip was great and even though I was pretty nervous about having to speak at the conference, nothing could have put me in a bad mood because the drinks kept flowing and the sun kept shining.  The only thing that was slightly depressing was everyone's ridiculous bodies along the beach.  It's as if these people live at the gym and at the plastic surgeon.  I swore that I would return home and start a work-out regimen.  Right. That didn't happen.
One note on the picture at the bottom: it somehow became a moment that I will treasure forever.  I was standing next to the girls who just came back from an hour or more of swimming and they were exhausted and attacked those french fries. For the next fifteen minutes there was nothing but silence and the crunch of the fries as the girls stared into the distance and devoured their snack.  It was a snapshot of innocence and simplicity and I wished I could bottle that moment and make it last forever.
 
Getting Ready for Dinner 
Agenda Flyer from the Conference
Snacking on Fries poolside

No comments:

Post a Comment