Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Food!

We are back to my favorite topic - food!  I can't say I have had any weird 'pickles with ice cream' type cravings, but every trimester had its own food demand.

Trimester One:
Egg and cheese on whole wheat toast
Soups, Soups, Soups 
Chinese Food
Bubble Tea
Pickles and Pickled Tomatoes
Coca-Cola 
Cheese Fries with Gravy

Trimester Two:
Cereals - sweet, crunchy, grains, wheats - you name it.
Bananas
Clementines
Mango - Peach Vitamin Water
Cheeeeeseeee (as the old saying goes,"cheese is good, but melted cheese is better."  OK, I might have just made that up)
Hot Dogs and Burgers
Chocolate covered Almonds

Trimester Three
CAKE!
SWEETS!
CAKE!
CHOCOLATE!
CAKE!

Gene's Corner:
Setting: Gene comes home from work ready to eat dinner and finds his wife on the couch holding three menus

Anna: Tonight, we have three options for dinner: Thai, Cobble Burger and Mexican
Gene: Ok, I can tell, this is a trick.  You're not really giving me options.  Pregnant women don't give their husbands food options. I read about this in the pregnancy books - this is a myth.
Anna: No, really, anything you want.  Pick anything.  I will tell you what I would order from each place.  Thai - 
Basil Thai Noodles, Cobble Burger - Grilled Cheese, Mexican - Steak soft shell tacos. 
Gene: What happens if I pick the wrong thing?
Anna: You can't pick the WRONG thing, you have 3 choices of ANYTHING you want.
Gene: Well, in that case, I guess Mexican sounds pretty good
Anna: Ohhh, I am sorry, Mexican is incorrect. The correct answer was: Thai!  Your parting gift is a lifetime supply of Basil Thai Noodles.

1 comment:

  1. I remember those days. Gene just wait till you have to guess the little ones mind :)

    ReplyDelete