Monday, January 4, 2010

Hello 2010!

It's a new year and I have to admit that things are pretty much exactly the same.  Well, everything except my waist, which is now humongous.  I am only six months pregos and I already question how I am going to do certain things that are slowly becoming difficult.  For example, how does one put on socks and shoes?  I can already tell that my stomach is getting in the way and in just a few weeks, I will really understand the expression barefoot and pregnant.

Another thing that surprised me about pregnancy is turning from side to side in the middle of the night.  It used to be so simple and I would turn from my left to right (and right to left) side without any knowledge of it happening.  With all the new weight in my midsection, I typically have to wake up to turn myself and the feeling is what I imagine a beached whale must go through.  It doesn't bother me too much, but in order to turn easily,  I usually have to push myself up against a steady object.  In this case, the object is Gene and I am not sure how much he enjoys being used as a prop.

One of my favorite things about being pregnant is feeling the baby kick.  She is very active and is already training me for those sleepless nights by banging her fists against my stomach while I sleep.  She is also a big fan of cakes, tarts, candy, and pretty much any dessert you can think of.  OK, that might be a lie because I will find any excuse I can to fill myself with sweets.  Forget pickles, just hand over that triple chocolate mousse.

After being unable to come up with a great New Year's gift for Gene, I decided to take him to Atlantic City.  He is a big fan of poker so I thought it would be a fun way for him to spend the day.  This also marked baby Klayman's third trip (Greece and Washington DC being the other two).  Unfortunately, she lost all her college fund money in craps and poker but what can you expect from a six month old fetus.  I hear they aren't great gamblers.

Baby Klayman's Corner:
"Hmm, bladder, bladder. Where is that bladder?? Oh here it is! Time to stomp away!"

1 comment:

  1. Now we know the baby takes after Gene. Had it taken after you it would've been an expert yelper instead of a gambler.

    ReplyDelete