Tuesday, April 17, 2018

My Love affair....with IKEA and Costco

Every few years I get "the Itch".  What's that you ask?  It's an unexplained yearning for buying new things when new things aren't actually needed.  (For those that know me, please refrain from snickering)  The Itch hits me really hard when I am nesting and start clearing all the clutter from my home (as babies are about to enter it).  Often I crave new furniture or things that are extremely functional but since these items are nice to haves and not must haves, I turn to my best friends Costco and Ikea for some affordable help.  

Here's what I have purged and bought so far while awaiting baby #3.

1. Donated 9 garbage bags to Salvation Army
2. Bought a pots/pans rack so I no longer have to store them in the oven (life changing!)
3. Bought a mini-pantry that stands next to the fridge
4. Brought 50% of kids' toys to Hamptons house
5. Moved winter clothes to Hamptons (Too bad it's still cold out. Sorry everyone!)
6. Bought a new rug, chair and dresser at IKEA, totaling $14.29
7. Threw out anything that hasn't been worn or used in over a year, including Gene's checkered cream blazer from 1998
8. Added 6 more hooks to entry closets and one more hook to our bathroom

            My Happy Place







No comments:

Post a Comment