Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Violet is 8!

I write this every year but it never ceases to amaze me how quickly Violet is growing up.  The other day she asked me if I wished that she would stop growing up so fast and I quickly and intuitively said, "yes, of course!"  Gene was nearby and he had a much more thoughtful and reflective answer to her question.  He said, "Violet, I loved the baby you and being able to cradle you in my arms, but nothing beats the grown up you.  You are smart, funny, we can have great conversations, you teach me things every day and I wouldn't change that for the world."  Always has to one-up me, that Gene! (Kidding) I loved his answer, and as I gave her question more thought, I realized that it's not about the baby Violet or the grown up Violet but rather about appreciating each age and stage for what they are and enjoying it to the fullest.  The 8 year old Violet is fantastic!  She's kind, gentle, sensitive, loves her family and friends, artsy, and still (and always will be) a daydreamer. 






No comments:

Post a Comment