Friday, February 19, 2010

Approaching month 8!

I just returned from the doctor and was relieved to see that I only put on 2 lbs in the last 3 weeks.  It seems like I am finally done putting on weight like it's going out of style.

This week also marks a point in the pregnancy that now requires me to see my doctor every two weeks.  While I dread having to sit in his waiting room more often, I am excited because this is signaling that the end is near.  Speaking of waiting rooms...there were two women there chatting, and one said to the other, "I have been so bored, so when I was 39 weeks, I put the crib together."  This really blew me away mostly because I don't think I would even bother attempting the assembly in a non-pregnant state, but doing it at 39 weeks is just pure madness. I should also mention that the woman was probably about three times my size and looked....well....let's just say she looked like she meant business.

Getting to the doctor has also gotten a bit tougher.  Gene was surprised that I still walked the one mile to the office, but the usual 15 minute walk probably took a good 25 minutes.  I was on the phone with Gene the whole time, who kept telling me I am walking too fast.  He's so cute.

On the way home from the office I was talking to my grandma who said that now is the time to start taking things a bit easier and not over exert myself.  While that advice sounds solid, I have been more active than ever running from one store to the next buying all sorts of cute little baby stuff.  I catch myself shopping (and being on my feet) for hours before I realize that I am about to pass out.  Who knew this baby stuff was so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. isnt it amazing, the more frequent you start seeing your doctor the less you start eating..this calculation is a proven fact :)
    -S

    ReplyDelete