Monday, February 22, 2010

Newly Single

I woke up this morning feeling the snugness of my wedding/engagement rings.  Like all pregnant women, I knew this day would come.  The water retention and stubby fingers phase is finally here.   I haven't taken off my rings since the day we got married - not even when I sleep or shower.  In fact, I don't remove any of my jewelry (watch, necklace, earrings) so I tend to get very attached to it.  I was sitting on the edge of the bed and saying goodbye to my gorgeous engagement ring when it dawned on me that it will now appear like I am single.  This idea struck me as funny so I decided to share it with Gene.  It wasn't just sharing, I actually said, "Now that I won't have a wedding band on, all the single men will probably be all over me. Doesn't that scare you?"  At this point he proceeded to laugh (a little too hard) and reassure me that all the men will in fact be lining up to get my digits.  He's so sweet....even when he's lying.

2 comments:

  1. Now you can join the baby-momma club

    ReplyDelete
  2. so basically the ring isnt about being married to gene now is it? its all about the expensive jewelry? lol
    -S

    ReplyDelete