Monday, February 22, 2010

Baby Brain

They say that mothers-to-be tend to become pretty scatterbrained in the last months of their pregnancy.  I had no clue what that even meant....until last week.  It was a beautiful Friday afternoon and I was coming back from my doctor's appointment when I spotted a package on my stoop.  The UPS or FedEx guys tend to leave stuff on my front porch if no one is home in our apartment or the apartment above us.  Usually, I would pick up the package and (like any normal person) see who it is addressed to before deciding what should be done.  Not today.  I picked up the box and carried it inside, as if I am the only person who lives in our building.  It never even occurred to me that this might be for someone else.  OK, you're probably thinking...that's stupid but....it happens.  After opening the package, I stare at the 'bugaboo Bee Graco car seat adapter' for a good few minutes.  It would be at this point that one should think, "Let me check the label on this since I probably picked up someone else's package."  Oh no, that's not what happens.  I start to get angry at some unknown company for sending me the wrong item.  In my head I am already arguing with customer service reps for making a stupid error.  After digging through the package and not finding a shipping slip, I am even more frustrated.  For some strange reason (not due to logic) I decide to look at the label on the box to see if maybe that will give me some indication of what is happening here.  Sure enough, I see the address label and the name of my upstairs neighbor.  Ooops.  I proceed to write a 3 page long apology note for ripping through her package and wish her luck with her new baby.

Gene's Corner:
(after telling him the above story)
"Umm, remind me to not let you pick up our luggage off the conveyor belt when we travel"

1 comment:

  1. i guess the bright side of thigns is that you didnt eat the package

    -S

    ReplyDelete