Thursday, October 8, 2009

Random Updates

I am happy to report that my morning sickness is now pretty much limited to mornings and I am only eating Chinese food 4 days a week.  Forget breast milk, this baby will come out begging for some shrimp and broccoli. Also, the official weigh-in is at +4 lbs. By official, I mean my bathroom scale. Please note that I was wearing my jewelry so feel free to subtract a few pounds.  My Mr T. chain was feeling exceptionally heavy that day.

On the clothing front, I am still fitting into all my old stuff so enjoying that while I still can.  Buttoning the jeans has gotten a bit tough so I use two methods:

  •  BellaBand
  •  Rubber band looped around the hole and the button of my jeans

Also, this Saturday will mark 12 weeks of pregnancy.  I was a bit unsure of when to start telling people, because officially the first trimester ends for me on October 24th (more than 2 weeks away). While gestationally, the trimester ends at almost 14 weeks, developmentally it actually ends at 12 weeks.  So to make a boring story more boring, I will be making THE big announcement this Monday after my NT scan.  Gene and I are very excited because the NT scan is done via a 3D ultrasound so we get to see the little guy/girl up close and personal.

As for the apartment update, it looks like we are still undecided.  After going back to Avenue U, we came up with the conclusion that it is very yucky and began to look closer to the city again (LIC, Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill, Park Slope).  This weekend we are hoping to check out a few apartments and finally make our decision.  Finding a place to live shouldn't' be this complicated and brokers really have no reason to NOT call back.  Do they not want to make money? I don't get it.

Last but never least, is the husband update.  Everyone who used to read my cooking blog would tell me that their favorite part was Gene's comments.  I found that funny because they were typically about 4 words and mostly made up by me.  So back by popular demand we are going to be adding 'Gene's Corner' to the end of each post.  It will have either his comments, thoughts or a short story (probably made up by me).

Gene's Corner:
Setting: Gene comes home from work on the day I had my 9 week ultrasound to find the sono pictures on the table
Gene: Awww, wow this is sooo cute.  I can't believe how much you can see already. This is GREAT.
Me: (walking over and turning the picture he was holding upside down the right way)
Gene: Oh.  Wow, this is even better! Now I REALLY see it!  I can't believe this - this is GREAT.


No comments:

Post a Comment