Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Second Trimester Bliss

The second trimester has just begun and already I am LOVING it!  The nausea is gone, the energy is back and I am feeling better than ever.   The early (first trimester) symptoms reminded me every waking moment that I am pregnant, but now I can rejoin the rest of society and even stand within ten feet of NYC hobos without puking on my shoes.   


The other great thing is that I am now finally starting to look pregnant. This gave me a valid reason to buy an entirely new wardrobe.   Fatigue? What's that?  I spent 3 hours walking from store to store trying on every sweater dress I could get my hands on. What are the odds that the year I am pregnant is the year that sweater dresses and tights come back into style.  It's fate I tell you!


Last night, the hubby and I were invited to a Halloween/Birthday party and here is my original idea for our costume...

Sadly, the female version of this costume is sold out and Gene thinks the 'Bun Maker' costume is hideous.  My next idea was to involve my friend Diana (a.k.a Boo) and the three of us can go as Three Blind Mice.  I thought this was genius, but her reply was,  "Ok, just because you got a rodent infestation in your apartment doesn't mean we gotta play the whole thing out in public. You've made enough announcements via Facebook and your blog already."  Honestly, how can anyone not find this awesome?

 I even promised her that she won't have to be the one to go topless, but she still refused.  I guess the search for the perfect costume continues...


Stay Tuned....

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be funnier if Gene wore the bun in the oven constume :)

    ReplyDelete