Thursday, October 29, 2009

Yes, another food post

Since becoming pregnant, I have been eating less and less meat.  In the first trimester, I couldn't even look at the stuff, much less eat it.  Now I do eat meat on occasion, but a lot less than before.  I never realized how hard vegetarians have it!  There really aren't that many options and the ones out there don't leave you feeling very satisfied.  Today for lunch I ordered mashed potatoes with creamed spinach and roasted veggies.  If that doesn't sound boring, I don't know what does. The worst part is that I was hungry 15 minutes later.   


A few nights ago Gene and I decided to order Mexican food. Here is how that order went:


Me: Hi, I would like to place an order.
Them: What would you like?
Me: Umm, I would like the steak burrito.
Them: Ok, anything else?
Me: Umm, yeah can I have it without the beans?
Them: Sure, what else?
Me: Well, also I would like it without the steak.
Them: OK (stupid gringa is basically going to pay nine bucks for some rice)
Me: Thank You!


Gene's Corner:
Under Construction
(Translation: I have writers block) 

No comments:

Post a Comment