Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Everybody was Kung Foo Fighting...




I started feeling the baby around week 17 or 18 but it was so subtle that each time I would say to myself, " I wonder if that was it?"  Week 22 is right around the corner and there is no mistaking these little jabs and punches.   She is usually very active right before lunch time and right after dinner time.  I think it might be her way of complaining about my inconsistent eating habits. Personally, I find nothing strange about eating a pickled tomato after a handful of chocolate covered almonds.  


The other new development is being able to talk to her as she can now hear both our voices.  My conversations with her are mostly about what I should wear to work that day and what witty things I can post on Facebook.  Gene  meanwhile is already lecturing the poor girl on when she can date (after 18) and when she can get married (after 25).  He has also mentioned to her that he doesn't approve of premarital sex (oh, the irony).


In food related news, I am officially bored of everything and I miss my dear dear friend sushi.  Just thinking about fresh salmon, tuna and other raw goodies is making my mouth water as we speak.  As far as alcohol goes, I can't say I miss it too much but when we have friends over I do feel the need to consume an equal amount of liquid as them. So while they polish off two bottles of wine, I fill myself with 5 cups of tea and 7 glasses of seltzer.  That was a fun sleepless night.


This Friday is my 22 week appointment and I haven't been to the doctor in six weeks, so I am really looking forward to finding out my 'official' weight gain.  I am pretty sure that our home scale is rigged (probably by Gene) so if the one at the doctor's office doesn't show less, we are in big trouble.  Based on my current calculation and an extensive regression analysis performed while I had some free time, my final weight gain should be 27.8 lbs. 

2 comments:

  1. i dont the baby kicks u, i think it pukes everytime u digest pickles with chocolate
    -SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny...i have the same weight gain in the past 2 weeks and don't think i'm pregnant because no one is kicking me (inside)

    ReplyDelete