Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What's in a name?

Now that we know that we are expecting a girl, the name game can begin.  Gene and I promised each other that until we find out the sex, we won't think about names and I am not sure how, but I was actually able to stick to my word.  However, the minute I was back from the ultrasound appointment the first thing I did was start looking up names.  It seems pretty easy.  All you have to do is find a name you like and that's your baby's name, right? Wrong.  There are a million things to think about.  What will the name look like on a college application or a resume? Is it is easily misspelled? mispronounced? Will kids make fun of it? The list goes on and on.  I have four months to decide and torture Gene about it, who by the way is totally calm and probably just figures we can pick the name once the baby is born.  I wish I can be that collected and levelheaded but I am a hormonal mess and definitely over thinking this name thing.

In unrelated news, my weight is slowly creeping up to the same levels it was back in my Cali days - when I thought it was a good idea to have Mexican food on a daily basis.  In another 4-5 pounds, I will officially be at the highest weight of all my life.

5 comments:

  1. First of all, please note that there are all these baby related advertisements on the left side of the blog....

    Second of all, true story, my cousin did not have an official name for the first 6 months of his life....my aunt and uncle were going back and forth between Kirusha (Kiril) and Ilusha (Ilya). And while he was finally officially called Ilya, some people still call him Kirusha, it kind of stuck. He's 25 years old :)

    Anna V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google serves ads based on the content that is on the site - hence the baby ads :)

    I wonder what is the longest that someone has gone without an official name? Maybe we can go into guinness book of world records.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you have to stick with PJ, I like it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should do the whole Vicoria Beckham thing and name your kid after the place where she was concieved :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. and her name better not be Queens!

    ReplyDelete