Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hungry!

In a matter of hours, I have entered a new stage in my pregnancy. I will call it, “the bottomless pit stage”. It happened around 3 AM last night, when I woke up feeling hungry. I considered my options and decided that eating at 3 in the morning is absurd and forced myself back to sleep. Just a few hours later, the hunger wakes me up again. This time, I cave in. I go into the kitchen and begin to look around. Gene did our shopping the night before and bought every ginger flavored thing imaginable (ginger ale, ginger candy, ginger ice cream and even ginger dressing) but I needed more. I opened the container that had the teriyaki chicken wings and inhaled deeply, nearly sending myself to the bathroom – again. OK, this will have to be light. I started with crackers, which I washed down with peach yogurt, which I washed down with lime seltzer. I got back into bed and curled up next to Gene hoping he doesn’t smell the food on my breath and think his wife completely lost it. I woke up an hour later and had a big breakfast; followed by a hearty brunch and a sensible early lunch (chicken wings). What did this teach me? I can somewhat curb my nausea if I eat every 20 minutes. While that is the positive side, the negative is that I might give birth to a baby elephant.

Mood: Happy since morning sickness is at bay today

No comments:

Post a Comment