Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Morning Sickness

Morning Sickness - nausea early in the day; a characteristic symptom in the early months of pregnancy. This is the definition I found on the web, which is really sugar coating the real meaning.

Morning Sickness (a much more descriptive definition) – imagine you just downed your 14th shot of Sambuca and realized you have to be up and at work in 3 hours. You wake up (reluctantly) just a few hours later, to find yourself wanting to puke your guts out, and get on the bus to work. As it turns out, the road to work is unpaved and on your right hand side is a man who has forgotten to shower (in the last 3 years) while on your left hand side is a woman carrying a bag of fish, which rotted about a week ago. This is morning sickness on a good day.

When morning sickness first hit (around week 5) I thought, “wow, this isn’t so bad and it really comes and goes and totally tolerable.” It is approaching week 8, and each day seems to get progressively worse. Eating has become a chore and meat products are plain disgusting. Yesterday I ordered every pre-cooked sushi roll imaginable to man, only to eat about 2 pieces.

On the husband front, Gene is being wonderful and even runs after me to the bathroom as I gag and hurl my meals. He even tries to hide his look of disgust. He is also very kind and offers me all sorts of different foods in order to see what I can finally find appealing. Unfortunately his timing is terrible. On the flight back from Greece, he stuck a fork full of roast beef in my face as I was eating a cupcake. NOT a good combination.

Mood: cranky
Developing: something similar to a bipolar disorder

No comments:

Post a Comment