Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sleepy...

Embarrassing things are already starting to happen to me and I am only 2 months pregnant.

Today we had a few gentlemen come in from the ANA (Association of National Advertisers) to present the benefits of their organization to our marketing department. Bill, the presenter, was incredibly engaging and had some funny and witty comments. He began the presentation by handing out his business cards, requesting that no one check the back of the card. What is the first thing I do? Of course, check the back of the card. Finding nothing unusual I continued to listen to his speech, only dozing off occasionally. The meeting was also accompanied by pizza, which further increased my sleepiness. Bill soon mentioned that some of the business cards were marked with an X, which meant that the person will receive a FREE conference pass valued at $1K. Luckily, my card was blank. As the meeting progressed, my narcolepsy kicked into high gear. Next thing I know, Bill stops speaking, pulls out another business card, marks it with an X and requests a co-worker to pass it 'to that young lady over there'. Unfortunately, I was the young lady and he explained to the marketing team that he had to give me that card because if one of their exciting conferences can't keep me awake, nothing can.

Upon getting back to my desk, utterly embarrassed I see an email from my boss asking about an Ad on the Yahoo! News site. It appeared to be infringing on our copyrights so I immediately sent an angry email to my rep. Only problem is ... I sent it to my GOOGLE rep! DOH!

Today is not my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment