Thursday, September 10, 2009

More Food? Seriously?

This is starting to look like a cooking blog, but I can't help it. Ever since I figured out that nausea can be curbed by massive amounts of food, I have been on a rampage. This morning, at approximately 8:26 AM EST I had General Tso's Chicken. In my defense, it was Gene's idea. He has no problem having random dinner food for breakfast. So there we sat, watching Top Chef as we gorged on chicken and ginger ale in the wee hours of the morning.

Speaking of food...

I used to be able to pack a lunch and throw it into my purse before I got pregnant. Now, I bring so much food that it looks like I am back packing through Europe instead of going to work.

I haven't mentioned this yet, but obviously Gene and I are INCREDIBLY excited for this baby. My due date is somewhere around April 24th, which is very close to my grandma's birthday as well as Gene's brother's birthday. I think every parent-to-be wants to be well informed and one of the first things many do is go out and get a book.

My pick: The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy
Gene's pick: The Dudes' Guide to Pregnancy: Dealing with Your Expecting Wife, Coming Baby, and the End of Life as You Knew It

I found the title to Gene's pick pretty funny. End of Life as You Knew It? Really? Pretty sure that happens when you get married :)

When we found out that I am pregnant, I immediately had this gut feeling that it will be a boy. To contradict me, Gene said it will be a girl. Actually, there are more females than males in this world, so statistically speaking he does have better odds. Although, I read somewhere that 71% of the time, a mother's intuition about the sex of her baby is correct. Too bad this sounds like a made up statistic. I hate to say it, but Gene is usually right so I might have to change my opinion. (Anyone who reads this, please do not tell Gene that I admitted that he's usually right - that will be the end of me).

No comments:

Post a Comment