Monday, September 21, 2009

Showing Already?

While laughing at something this weekend, I noticed a strange change in me. At first, I couldn't quite figure out what it was. The next time something funny happened, I noticed it again. It almost appeared like a mini earthquake. Something was shaking and it turned out that that something was ME! My stomach was actually shaking as I laughed.

I can't possibly be showing at 9 weeks! It simply can not be! I told Gene about my new discovery to which he replied, "Umm, isn't it a bit too early to show?" When you say that to a pregnant woman, what she actually hears is, "You are fat already?" I proceeded to stand in front of the mirror for the next 20 minutes and stare at my belly which pretty much looks as if I swallowed a grapefruit but forgot to chew it first. I wish there was a way to go from flat belly to looking pregnant and skipping that whole in-between sort of fat phase.

On the food front: ALL food is now disgusting. I began to loathe eating because nothing seems to interest me. Last night I had French Fries followed by a pickle. My diet is currently a rotation of frozen pizza, French fries or hot pockets. I need ideas that do not require cooking or looking at un-cooked food. HELP!

Mood: Itching to tell more people about the pregnancy

No comments:

Post a Comment